Friday, March 9, 2012

Swagbucks, anyone?

Do any of you do Swagbucks?  I set up my account just today.  The idea is you earn points for doing things online: searching the web, watching videos, signing up for offers.  Then you can redeem your points for real stuff.  Now I will not be signing up for any offers, but I do search the web often enough, and it's been easy enough to leave their videos running on mute while I'm catching up on e-mails.  I've earned 82 points in the last hour or so.  I have no idea if that's good, but it's been pretty effortless and I haven't given out any personal information that's not already pretty accessible.

I would like to use the points I earn to buy Amazon gift cards to build up our library of children's books.  A $5 gift card currently costs 450 points, so it will be a slow process, but faster than it has been!  I'm rather picky about children's books.  I've had some successes at library sales and such, but I have a rapidly growing list of specific titles that are largely out of print.  With Amazon, I will be able to use the wishlist feature to find exactly what I want.

You also get points for referring people to Swagbucks, so if you are interested here is the link:

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thekeanoc

I have done enough research on Swagbucks to feel secure and confident that it's a legitimate company.  However, do use sense with special offers.  Some of the ways of earning points are NOT worth it, such as looking at a website and rate various aspects of it for ten points.  Translated into Amazon money, that means you got paid the equivalent of nine cents for that ten minutes or however long that task took you to do.  For myself, I will not be putting in any extraordinary effort into earning points.  But free is free.

Here are some more comprehensive Swagbucks tips that have helped me out:

http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/03/15-ways-to-earn-more-swagbucks-part-1.html
http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/03/15-ways-to-earn-more-swagbucks-part-2.html
http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/03/15-ways-to-earn-more-swagbucks-part-3.html

If any of you already do this I would be interested in hearing how you've had the most success with Swagbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment