Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: A Walk in the Woods

round button chicken

Pretty


I love the woods. Like Anne Shirley, I don't think I could live where there are no trees. I also love that we have some nice trails about a five minute drive away. Anthony, Katie Rose and I ventured out for a ramble this morning. Katie Rose was snugged up in the Moby wrap, so she didn't get into any of these photos, alas.

So here is one I snapped of her this morning.


Happy


Anthony is a good little hiker.  The trails are a bit strenuous in places for a two-year-old.  Lots of fallen trees to clamber over, tree roots to step around, and stone steps like these here.  Of course that all adds to the fun for him, and he is so proud that he can do everything all by himself!
 Funny


So this isn't really humorous.  More curious.  The ground all around these tree roots has eroded away, leaving the roots completely exposed, reaching across a pit about four feet deep.  This was the best picture I got, because I have a toddler who is certainly curious!  It's amazing how complex the network of roots is.
Real


A tired out little boy!  We walked about a mile and a half.  He's sound asleep now.



No comments:

Post a Comment